Bunhill Quaker Gardens

Charting the redevelopment of the Quaker Gardens between Banner Street and Chequer Street, London, in 02005.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Glory be: some turf!


Turf
Originally uploaded by davidjennings.
I think I may have hinted before at how much I've been longing for some grass, so this is good to see.

I'm not quite sure what's being done to the concrete wall round the Meeting House Garden: as it's turned the corner, it looks as though some kind of varnish is being applied to the surface (the smell wafts upwards). I understand there remain some 'contractual issues' with this wall.

Last night someone was playing basketball on the ball court at 1.15am. There's something about the weight of a basketball, and the thud-boom of its bounce, that makes one or two people playing the game a much more disruptive sound than ten playing football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home